Direct LED replacement headlamp bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily we don't have that problem (height police) here, and only commercial trucks get safety inspected.

Same here, run whatever you want basically
Heck I cut everything from the windshield back off of an old rusted out 79 Bronco, front fenders gone, 8 inches of lift and 40s and ran it all summer long . Local cops nor the Highway Patrol ever said a word . Had lights and a windshield so they didn't care. My Dodge van on 40s was up higher sitting in the drivers seat than a long nose Peterbilt :happy175::happy175:
Buddy of mine moved to Virginia back in the late 70s , he ended up sending his Mustang back home since it would of cost him thousands of dollars to bring it into compliance down there,....ridiculous laws

dogran999

Reaction score
Got me some H4 CREE LED replacement bulbs a month back, so far so good on the road, will update on off road performance in a few weeks. They claim to be DOT approved but will only know at my inspection which is due end of next month.

So after a few weeks driving with these LEDs here's my conclusion. The LEDs are fine for town driving but lack beam throw for longer night driving. I'm assuming this is due to the shape of the light unit reflectors not working well with the LEDs as the light is spread across the LED and not a point source.

I'm now putting the old bulbs back and I'll keep looking for a replacement light system something like the 7" units that are available for the JK