Dings and such

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried the compressed-air and hairdryer trick?

I have! It works pretty well as long as the dent is clean along the edges. Clean meaning no folds or creases, just pushed straight in. I use a heavy duty heat gun and get it nice and warm then use a can of dust off or other canned compressed air. Make sure the can is upside down when you spray it. Sprays as a MUCH colder liquid that way. And the dent should pop back out. You may need to repeat the process a few times. Its worth trying before you shell out the cash to you pdr guy. Just dont heat it up to much, you dont want to warp the paint :weld:

mklee176

Reaction score
I have! It works pretty well as long as the dent is clean along the edges. Clean meaning no folds or creases, just pushed straight in. I use a heavy duty heat gun and get it nice and warm then use a can of dust off or other canned compressed air. Make sure the can is upside down when you spray it. Sprays as a MUCH colder liquid that way. And the dent should pop back out. You may need to repeat the process a few times. Its worth trying before you shell out the cash to you pdr guy. Just dont heat it up to much, you dont want to warp the paint :weld:

Don't have access to a heat guy so I used a hair dryer...used about 2 cans of compressed air, nothing happened to the dent.