Dings and such

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mklee176

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Just want to take a poll and see what everyone thinks about my little situation.

I have a 2007 Liberty Sport 4x4, while I love driving it, it's not without its faults. One of them is that it tends to attract dings/dents from either:

1. Runaway shopping carts,
2. careless people who parks too close and not paying attention when opening their doors, or
3. not paying attention myself when loading grocery to the back seats.

I've had major dings/dents removed by Paintless Dent Removal because they are too visible. As for the rest of the four dings, they are pretty minor and hard to see since my KJ is black. Two of those four dings can easily be removed by going to my PDR guy, while the other two would be extremely difficult as it's near the edge, reinforced steel, and not a flat surface.

So, here's the question of the day, how many of you think I should spend the $ (most likely around $150.00) to have the two minor dings removed? Or should I just leave them be as it's a Jeep (not a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and the like) and my car will be 6 years old next May.

Thanks everyone!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
$150 isn't bad. I got one on my hood that was a bit more to remove...it's still there but it seems to be popping out when I wash it in the sun.

mklee176

Reaction score
I had one removed on my hood as well, $100.00. Probably the result of some ass leaning on it.

I have a pic of the two minor dings...but don't know how to post it on here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
put the 150 towards a good lift and a set of rock rails
Those two items prevent way more dents that you realize ! :favorites13:

mklee176

Reaction score
Thanks.

My Jeep is pretty stock...never put any mods on it. Probably the only non-mod Jeep on this site. Ha!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I kept my dents... but I earned them on a trail somewhere.
And the are more or less minor things...

mklee176

Reaction score
Thanks! @yellocoyote.

I'm leaning towards just living with them. Who needs a prestine Jeep? Living in the city, it's almost impossible to avoid dings and dents.

I've only taken my Jeep off-road a couple of times, perhaps I have more dings then I think I do?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a good scratch probably from a shopping cart when mine was new. Pissed me off. I touch it up with a magic marker every once in a while and you can't see it. (black jeeps rule) Since then I just park waaaaaay away from everyone else. No more parking lot dings, just some trail rash....:smokin:

Dave

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some good trail rash on mine it's 8mos. old and I drive it like a jeep.
I did'nt buy to go the mall

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst thing about shopping place is when someone park behind you and you can't open the swing door to get the bigger piece in the trunk. Happened to me again yesterday at the grocery store -_- Lucky me going on 6th months and no dent since I got it :D

For your ding, I wouldn't. It's a jeep, every dent is a war scar and add value to it :D

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta drive to get some food somehow....@Wulfhound. :)

:happy175: Yea I kow we gotta eat. I do got to the local market/ butcher shop and gotta go to work to but the rest is for the hills:anitoof:
Scratches and dents are proof u use it for what it is inteded for.
I tried not to get bush rash but it happens and if you gonna keep froad'n than what's the point of fixing them IMO

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Worst thing about shopping place is when someone park behind you and you can't open the swing door to get the bigger piece in the trunk.

That's why you have to make sure your @ss is always sticking out :D

and .. park way the hell away from the front door ... I'm like Dave .. drop the woman at the door and head for your choice of a dozen spots at the back.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure someone nailed me hard in the parking garage the other day. I have a dent the size of my head and about 2 inches deep in my rear passenger door. :pp: I just left it...