different rims with less offset stock height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ino

Reaction score
Does anyone have aftermarket rims that stick out more without a lift kit same height tires, maybe a little wider tire?
Will it work or it will rub when turning, what offset can I use?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably rub. Spacing the tire out makes it 'swing' more when steering; similar effect as a larger tire.

1.25" wheel spacers are a cheaper way to 'try' a different offset wheel.

ExPatMEX

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im planning on getting Methos 16x7 30mm offset wheels and 235/70R16 BFG K02 tires. Height is stock. Will be running Bilstein 5100 front and rear with Moog Coils. Will the tire rub with these wheels being there is a 12mm more inner clearance? Its really hard to find nice wheels!

JEEP LIBERTY 2002 SPORT 4X4 3.7L

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say with certainty, but I would be surprised if you got rubbing. You definitely will not rub on any suspension components.
This is a really handy tool to assess how a different tire/wheel will fit compared to what you have now: https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

1ino

Reaction score
I am running the stock wheels with that size tire and 1.25 spacers, the only rubbing I get is when off-road and the rear tire on one side goes way up into the wheel well, I get some rubbing on the inside of the fender flare.
1.25 that’s over 25mm

Latest posts

Members online