Detroit TrueTrac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having carefully considered how I'll be using my KJ, both on and off road, I've decided that my best option is a TrueTrac front and rear. The rear one seems to be part no 912A553. Can anyone confirm what the part number for the front one is?
Also can anyone recommend a good supplier of both parts? I'll be having them shipped to England.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gor mine at 4Wheel Parts for $387 shipped for the front and I think I also asked them about one for the rear and it was about $500 but Im not positive on that, but if you find one thats cheap be sure to post it bc thats what I really want in the rear

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gor mine at 4Wheel Parts for $387 shipped for the front and I think I also asked them about one for the rear and it was about $500 but Im not positive on that, but if you find one thats cheap be sure to post it bc thats what I really want in the rear

Thanks - I'll get a quote from them, and if I find anywhere cheaper I'll post it. The trouble is that in the last few months while I've been looking, some places which were a bit cheaper for things didn't ship outside the US, so I'm a bit restricted by that.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Tony, as an old instructor of mine used to say "sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you" :)
I'll just have to take the chance. The trouble is - as you've found out, if you want serious stuff for the KJ, you have to go either to the US or (for some of it) Australia. Kit for Landrovers is everywhere, and there's a fair bit for Pajeros and Landcruisers, and quite a bit for Wranglers, but for the KJ I've found very little in the UK or Europe that can be bought. Yes - you can have stuff custom made - but that costs!!
So I've got the snorkel - to be fitted, and I've got Skid Row skids on order, and I'll probably get the Rocklizard super skinks and the rear bumper:) I also really want the Frankenlift II:D
But for an awful lot of gear that I've looked at, it's still a bit cheaper to buy it and get it shipped over than to order it through a UK dealer and still pay for the part, shipping, tax AND dealer's markup!!

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill get you some jeep stuff from the US if you can get me some rover stuff from UK, maybe a new TDI crated :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
and my wife is starting to give 'the look' everytime I talk about my Jeep...well you probably know :D )

Tony....just tell her that your jeep is your ONLY "other woman".......:D

Lancer....I think DTT front and rear will be awesome......:D

Dave

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know exactly how it works but it does, and you will not find a locker out that says it will fit in the D30a bc not very many people even know that it exists. but it is the correct spline (27) and its for the 3.73 and up gears