Decoding whats pos. and neg. on Spkr. wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anybody know the wiring diagram for the speakers.
they're not just black and red anymore. I've opened my right rear passenger door and found one wire brown/black , other wire brown/purple. I assume that the black woulde be neg. but i also havent opened up the other three doors yet so i dont know what color combinations i am gonna find in those.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant make out

I cant make anything out on your schematics..........
Does it say the color combos for pos. and neg. ??

Never mind....figured out the zoom function...new question..

for the rears, right side says pos. is DB/WT and neg. as DB/OR
but i have opened my right rear and the wires i have are both brown, one has a black stripe and the other has a purple stripe.

any ideas why this doesn't match up?

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Check out the premium schematics, you can see + and - on them. The wires should be the same in color for either type you got.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Left Tweeter
Yellow/Red = +
Yellow/Black = -

Right Tweeter
Tan/Black = +
Orange/Red = -

Right Front
DB/Red = -
VT = +

Left Front
DG = +
Brown/Red = -

Left Rear
Brown/LB = -
Brown / Yellow = +

Right Rear
DB/White = +
DB/Orange = -

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
difference in canadian model ??????

i dunno, these schematics dont match up ,colour-wise, with the wires i have running to my speakers.

zeus

Reaction score
I have an 05 Liberty Sport and these colors do not match up with what is coming out of the back of my cd player. It is the six disc infinity system and all i need are the positive and negative for the back two speakers. Do you know what year liberty this diagram is from?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The diagrams are from the 04 service manual. Are you looking at the wires coming out of the HU? I would assume the wires coming out of the CD changer wouldnt go directly to the speakers, and wouldnt expect them to match.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, because the amp for the premium speakers are attached directly to the front speakers, you wont fine the wires for the rear speakers at the HU to match the colors at the speakers. At the HU, BR/LB and BR/YL is the Rear left, DB/OR and DB/WT is the Rear right. But at the speakers White/Black and White/Read is the Rear Left, and Tan/Black and Tan/Violet is the Right Rear. Hope this helps.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the pin out for the HU. Since th connector should be the same for the 04 and 05, you should be able to match up the colors. Radio Pin Out.

They may have change the color codes for the right rear speaker, from tan to brown. In my 04 the right tweeter's (+) wire and the rear right speaker (-) were both the same tan color. And the first time i swapped out my speakers, i mixed them up. Maybe someone got smart and realized in the 05 that they shouldnt be the same color.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wont have time to actually take the other three door panels of till this weekend and finish the job but i hope that they will match up with this wiring diagram here. Already 0 fer 1 . Maybe i'll even call the stereo shop that sold me these speakers......they must know this information or have a source for it......I'll keep all posted as it sounds like a few of yous out there are also interested.

zeus

Reaction score
don't mean to sound like an idiot but does BR mean Bright Red or Brown? What about the ignition wire? I think I remember seeing 2 red wires coming out of the HU. Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it. My Liberty is about 2 months old and I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to do more upgrades to it.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zeus said:
don't mean to sound like an idiot but does BR mean Bright Red or Brown? What about the ignition wire? I think I remember seeing 2 red wires coming out of the HU. Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it. My Liberty is about 2 months old and I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to do more upgrades to it.
BR sould be Brown. There are two Red (Pink on my connector) (constant power) going into the HU. The ignition wire on mine is Orange/Red, which is pin 2 on the connector.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea I just kinda guessed what the colors were, but it seems somewhat close.