Dead Battery, New Lights x4, Shaky Engine, Grr!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
LOL...gotta love a flat battery.....

never seen em do that when they go dead before....interesting.

On another note, mine was almost dead today as i have not driven the KJ in a week and a half. Had to give it a couple of trys for it to fire up....then there was the sound of the engine running on no oil for about a second due to it all settling in the oil pan.....and then the nice layer of surface rust on the brake rotors.

Get you a good battery with the power to cold crank a diesel and be done with it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Let's explain the video... at the start, you were looking at my Detroit Tiger in my rear window. I know you can't view it in the Google video, but the original file I have... you can.

At 3 seconds I opened the door.
At 14 seconds I turned the ignition to on and attempted to start until 24 seconds. I just left the key in on... then it shut off on its own, came back on at about 35 seconds.

Notice the dim odometer and instrument cluster lights.

Took me and my sister a while to push the Jeep out of the driveway... it's an old Detroit driveway... not completely flat. I even needed the assistance of the lazy boy down the street. I put my mom's vehicle on the sidewalk, used the jumper cables and after fiddling with the positive cable on her side, because of TERRIBLE terminal corrosion, we finally got it to charge and start.

Here's the lights, and the mounting locations...

You must be registered for see images attach

And the devil itself...

[/b]

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those lights look awesome Marlon!! Looks like Jeep made it so you could put some under there! What are you planning on doing on the roof? I thought I read you were making a light bar?

How do they do on the road? Can you tell a big difference?
\:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Those lights look awesome Marlon!! Looks like Jeep made it so you could put some under there! What are you planning on doing on the roof? I thought I read you were making a light bar?

How do they do on the road? Can you tell a big difference?
\:D/
Haven't aimed them yet. It does look like I just drained the battery because it started right up today like nothing happened.

I'll wire up the lightbar today I hope.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think those lights will give you a lot of light against the road, maybe greater visibility than seeing stuff.. and looks cool :)

It looks like that place is made for these kind of stuff.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I don't think those lights will give you a lot of light against the road, maybe greater visibility than seeing stuff.. and looks cool :)
Which is exactly what I wanted. The lights I added to my '04 were absolutely wonderful...and I hope I can get these aimed at a similar angle.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just kneeled and checked my uncles 06 and yes, I can see exacltly what you are talking about, they've got a great place there for these. I think I can probably secure somein 04's hook spaces.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the law of common sense requires everyone to have and extension cord and a battery charger.I know I've owned both for the last forty years.If petty theivery is a problem in your neighborhood, sit on the porch with the weapon of your choice until your battery is charged. My charger has an instant start feature which would get you up your long driveway in a jiffy.This story might make an excellent Mastercard ad. " One battery charger $40, 50ft of extension cord $12" "Sitting on your porch shooting neighborhood hoodlums" " Priceless"

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon, I compared my 04 and my uncles 06.

I wonder if your lights can be mounted upside down right there on my 04? Frame is right there.

You must be registered for see images

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could mount some right back in the hole where the tow hooks go.

You need to clean that underbody! Mine is so clean right now its not funny. \:D/

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That picture was after a $20 car wash ](*,) My god...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)