DC cigarette plug in the back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckphreak

Reaction score
What do you guys use it for? I'm trying to come up with some ideas on how to make mine more useful. I carry rechargeable jumpers and an inflator. I also have a 12v cooler, but there's gotta be something sweeter out there. Oh and pics are always welcome. :D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built a rear cargo shelf and mounted a small converter under the shelf and use if when I go camping and there's no electric around.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I normally have my sat radio and GPS plugged into the front outlet I'll use that one for an inverter for my laptop or other AC item. No really cool and nifty ideas, just normal 'need more power' stuff :)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I've used the rear one a few times to plug in a 55 watt magnetic mount lamp while backing up. (One of these days I'll come up with a nice clean way to permanently mount the two that I have.)
!2 volt cooler, blender, coffee maker, 175 watt inverter.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys use it for? I'm trying to come up with some ideas on how to make mine more useful. I carry rechargeable jumpers and an inflator. I also have a 12v cooler, but there's gotta be something sweeter out there. Oh and pics are always welcome. :D

I have a power inverter in the back which gives me 110volts. (house current U.S.)

Plus I have a peltier cooler/heater in the back.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a few other have done I use an inverter for my laptop or my cell phone when needed. Before I got a Garmin GPS I used GPS on my laptop a lot.

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a power inverter in the back which gives me 110volts. (house current U.S.)

Plus I have a peltier cooler/heater in the back.

As far as a converter goes who makes a good one? And where do you ground it to.

Also I'm still running the stock battery, roughly 2yr 5mo on the road should I think about getting a new battery if I'm going to use a converter.

Last edited:

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as a converter goes who makes a good one? And where do you ground it to.

Also I'm still running the stock battery, roughly 2yr 5mo on the road should I think about getting a new battery if I'm going to use a converter.

All inverters are self grounding. How much load are you planning? The bigger the load more it cost.

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All inverters are self grounding. How much load are you planning? The bigger the load more it cost.

Nothing real special, my laptop a couple of lights maybe. I didn't do alot of research but I thought you had to ground them somewhere, its great that you don't.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric Ice Chest for my grocery shopping.

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used mine for a TV, among other everyday things. Glad I have 1 in the back, wish they would've put 2 in the front instead of 1.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used mine for a TV, among other everyday things. Glad I have 1 in the back, wish they would've put 2 in the front instead of 1.

I picked up a 3-way spliter and plugged it into the front socket, now I have enough for my Nuvi, Cell phone charger and a spare for now.

05kj6spd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to get one of those too. It's nice, came with 3 of the covered toggle switches that light up when on to control the 3 outlets.