Daystar Spacer Dimensions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows the dimensions and sizes on the daystar 1.5 inch spacer for the front...

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 3/4" tall spacer, which gives you 1.5" of lift. Not sure if you can buy it separately, but Rusty's sells similar ones.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It's a 3/4" tall spacer, which gives you 1.5" of lift. Not sure if you can buy it separately, but Rusty's sells similar ones.

Rusty's sells a 1.5" in-strut spacer lift? Since when? :p

Sure you're not confusing the Rusty's spacer lift, which is an OTT type? Daystar's lift goes inside the strut. They're nowhere near similar.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hm, I had no idea rustys made those. And for $20...I was going to have someone make those for me for 30...I'll just go this way then....so according to whatyou said, this .75 spacer is going to give me 1.5in or just the .75?

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hm, I had no idea rustys made those. And for $20...I was going to have someone make those for me for 30...I'll just go this way then....so according to whatyou said, this .75 spacer is going to give me 1.5in or just the .75?

It should give you 1.5" of lift. Do you have any aftermarket springs installed? If so you will need Daystar upper strut mounts.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theyve always had those marlon. Another member confirmed its the same size as the spacer they use in the franken lift. If you wanted to make a franken lift if you already had OME coils all you need is those spacer and a set of daystar strut plates.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should give you 1.5" of lift. Do you have any aftermarket springs installed? If so you will need Daystar upper strut mounts.

well the setup is rustys2.5in coil lift, the only reason why I want a small lift is to level it out bcus I'm used to my trucks being higher from the front. But with the kj, the rear is ridicolously higher. With thatin mind, if I buy the .75 rustys, what else is needed. I'm aware of the whole cv joint issues and other concerns....thanks a lot.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so.....rusty's 2.5 inch coil lift....rusty's .75 in spacers....rusty's strut plates...NOW, what issues am i looking at? and what total lift am i looking at? and in your guys opinion, is this a good way to go?

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so.....rusty's 2.5 inch coil lift....rusty's .75 in spacers....rusty's strut plates...NOW, what issues am i looking at? and what total lift am i looking at? and in your guys opinion, is this a good way to go?

You will need Daystar strut mounts to make the spacer fit within the coil assembly. I would avoid any plates or spacer that mount above the coil assembly (OTT style). It would be better to do a clevis lift instead. With this setup the front should be higher than the rear.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt use a spacer with the rustys coils since they are bad for sagging as it is.

Just remember that the daystar strut plate will give you upper balljoint contact.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let's forget about daystar for now, with rustys .75 spacer.....is it a must to have the upper strutplates? And why?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let's forget about daystar for now, with rustys .75 spacer.....is it a must to have the upper strutplates? And why?

No..

Really the only time you need that plate is when you use a lifted spring+spacer combo. When you do that there is way to much pre-load on the spring and the daystar plate lets the shock extend more so there isnt as much pre-load. Does that make sense?

Hopefully everyone wont go crazy saying it doesnt actually let it extend more.. Thats the only way I could think of putting it. It lets the shock mount lower in the coil over is what it does.

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense now....now, I've seen strut plates by both jba and rusty's...what's your input in that?

MarkMatters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, sorry for the two threads that are alike...this one started different but finally lead to the same thing....anyway, i called rusty's and told the guy that i had their 2.5 in coil lift and i was planning on adding their 3/4 in spacer...he stated it was a good idea, and also sttd that the strut plates weren't really needed...but for some reason, i trust you guys more...he just sounded creepy...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...he just sounded creepy...

hahaha, thats pretty darn funny.

He also says that there is nothing wrong with his rear shocks.

The plate that JBA has is the daystar spacer. Im not sure what rustys has.

edit: Just looked at the rustys plates. Those are actually spacers, not upper plates.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha, thats pretty darn funny.

He also says that there is nothing wrong with his rear shocks.

The plate that JBA has is the daystar spacer. Im not sure what rustys has.

edit: Just looked at the rustys plates. Those are actually spacers, not upper plates.

Rusty's strut spacer is basically a 1/4" OTT spacer that you stack on top of your OEM strut mount.

Daystar strut mount replaces the oem strut mount. Both serve different purposes. Daystar strut mount is used in the Frankenlift to allow a spacer to be used with a aftermarket coil.