Daystar lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yall! I finally ordered and received my lift! I was looking through the threads and how too's...it says that I need to press out the old strut bolts and press them into the new...I'm probably gonna have to buy a shop press to do it sooo....what size do I need?? (as in how many tons)

Thanks!!!

The Q

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey yall! I finally ordered and received my lift! I was looking through the threads and how too's...it says that I need to press out the old strut bolts and press them into the new...I'm probably gonna have to buy a shop press to do it sooo....what size do I need?? (as in how many tons)

Thanks!!!

The Q

Should we start with please send it back and lift it right? You'll need those top plates in one piece when you swap out the ***star for a full spring lift in a month anyways
Doesn't take much to press them in and out so don't need a 20 ton for sure:icon_lol:

TheQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks! Yeah the way my checking account is set up...it only allowed me to get that one!! Lol I don't even tell the wife I got it until it was on the front porch!!!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She's going to be even MORE delighted when you tell her you bought the wrong lift and have to exchange it...

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah dude, No-one is trying to be rude because it's cool you are modifying your Jeep.

I know it's not answering the question you asked and you didn't post to hear others opinions on the lift at all but it still has to be said. That is a very bad lift to go with though on the KJ. Within a few months you will be stuck having a new convo with the wife on how you have to spend another $800-$900 replacing the suspension, on top of what you spent for that spacer kit.

I would highly recommend returning it and just keeping it stock until you can afford the correct components that will not cost you more in the long run.

Last edited:

gatortail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
daystar..

I run a daystar 2.5 for years . no problems..no extra wear on parts ,then any other lift, rode great on highway . little stiff off road. but did the trick.. 400.00 out the door.rolling...some time people have a want and a budget at the same time.. of course a suspension lift is better, but it is what you can afford at the time. you'll have to nearly to triple that price with a suspension lift, which is worth it ,when you can afford it. if you planning sticking with 2.5 inches and decide later to get a suspension lift., I would use the skyjacker platinum 2.5.. they have changed there spring supplier and rate on springs. awesome ride/ rock out the DAYSTAR dude...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I run a daystar 2.5 for years . no problems..no extra wear on parts ,then any other lift, rode great on highway . little stiff off road. but did the trick.. 400.00 out the door.rolling...some time people have a want and a budget at the same time.. of course a suspension lift is better, but it is what you can afford at the time. you'll have to nearly to triple that price with a suspension lift, which is worth it ,when you can afford it. if you planning sticking with 2.5 inches and decide later to get a suspension lift., I would use the skyjacker platinum 2.5.. they have changed there spring supplier and rate on springs. awesome ride/ rock out the DAYSTAR dude...

Skyjackers still the same no changes
OME/ Ironman
Ypu were very lucky if you had no issues with the Daystar, must of been very easy on it

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still dont see the point in putting a piece of hardened plastic on top of a metal spring ... smh...

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still dont see the point in putting a piece of hardened plastic on top of a metal spring ... smh...

From my experience it's mostly due to laziness, Lack of mechanical knowledge preventing them from doing correct upgrades and work on their vehicle, and the inability to save money to make sure something is one and done correctly. Usually it's done by people who don't think long term and only think short term and are more concerned with looks over function.

Now I'm not saying that's always the case, That's just been the case in the incidents I've personally encountered.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience it's mostly due to laziness, Lack of mechanical knowledge preventing them from doing correct upgrades and work on their vehicle, and the inability to save money to make sure something is one and done correctly. Usually it's done by people who don't think long term and only think short term and are more concerned with looks over function.

Now I'm not saying that's always the case, That's just been the case in the incidents I've personally encountered.

this morning i saw a newer( cant pin point but 08-15 ) wrangler 4 door with a GIANT bumper opn the front in a parkinglot near my place it must have sagged 4 inches from the back look underneath ... black spacers... had 33's on it and maybe an inch clearance between tire and fender... oddest thing .