Dash lights flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpell

Reaction score
So my son has ben using my 05 liberty with the 3.7. Some how the battery died and now the dash lights with 4 way flashers flash on and off for about the first half mile of travel then everything is normal. Start the jeep and the same thing happens. Any ideas?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeep is sensitive about any lower voltage conditions.
Using a volt meter while running, what does the output voltage read?
If jeep sits for a few hours not running, what is the voltage reading?
Time for a new battery..??

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had your battery tested? If it checks out, test for a parasitic drain about an hour after key-off. 85 mA or lower seems to be what's considered normal. If it's more than that, you have a problem.

gpell

Reaction score
I cant believe no one has seen this happen. Replace the Battery? Might just let PCm and see what happens

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep really doesn't like low voltage, all sorts of strange things happen when the battery is on its last legs, the computer gets confused! that's why later cars canbus system run at much lower voltage.

gpell

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED! For the heck of it I tried to start the Jeep with the remote and the problem went away. Don't know why but I like it.