Darwin Award

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friday my Powertrax came UPS from 1CalKid.

You must be registered for see images

Saturday, I didn't install the locker due to a:

You must be registered for see images attach

My buddy called about 11 p.m., so we went out and did a little wheeling.

A little different line lead to this:

A truck with very large tires must have come through here after the last time I was here. This is a 31x10.50 stuck in about 40" of mud and water and yes it's extended all the way down. Just freewheeling in the water:

Plenty of traction over here, too bad my locker is sitting on the mantle instead of in my rearend:

The drivers side rear and passenger side front wheel would have made a paddle boat proud. The poor KJ was hopelessly stuck:

Oh yeah, I broke the cardinal rule and was out wheeling by myself. Over confident at how easy this mud was last weekend. After walking out, searching for cell phone service, we finally had a friend pick us up.

Three trucks, two ATVs, a shovel, three tow straps and ten and one half hours later the Liberty was extricated. Yeah, we got stuck about midnight. I haven't been to sleep in over twenty four hours and I still have to clean the KJ.

I think I'm going to stick to rock crawling and give up on this mud thing.........

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to invest in a come-a-long before your next wheeling session! Glad you got it out okay

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos... and the story. Let us know how the install goes! (Cheers)

nosliw

Reaction score
it'd be cool if you could snap a few pictures and go over the install.

i know how you feel, it's real embarrassing when the non-drive wheel is on solid land but your stuck ](*,)

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
Mutt,

Thats a frickin nice stuck man. Good flex too. If that driver rear tire is stuffed as hard as it looks (bind), the powertrax would have ripped your tire or body apart, or busted an axle. If it ain't you would have drove through.

Nice frickin tires too bud. Thats what 15" wheels can do for ya.

Members online

No members online now.