Dark Grey Fender/Bumper Color Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - Long-term project thought here, but does anyone know the matching color codes for the plastic dark grey fender flares and bumpers? I am thinking to repaint them all eventually on my 2004 KJ Sport trim. The car is the "Light Khaki Metallic Clear Coat" color, while on my build sheet it only mentions the following for the fenders and bumpers (which may or may not be related): K1AS Neutral Dark Gray - Molding, K3AS Neutral Dark Gray - Fender Flares, and MLCS Gray Facias.

I will be trying out a SEM black trim paint on the front grille insert later this week once it arrives, curious how that will come out painting plastic. However, I would NOT like to go black on the fenders for this car given the body color (I like the generally lighter color scheme overall). Anyways, if someone is aware of the paint code for the plastic fenders/bumper that would be awesome. Could not find a thread on it besides people painting them black. Thanks!

CTJEEP

Reaction score
Codes probably exist. But there are almost NO products still on the market, specifically ment for automotive soft rubbery parts.

There used to be lots of colors made for refinishing.plastic parts with the color molded in.

VOC compliance has taken alot of automotive paint products off the market.

The only colors left for rubber bumpers is Black. or White. Could not find anything specific for plastics.

??? Maybe there is still something on the Canadian market for molded in colors?

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Sports there is no color, just dark gray plastic color
I would call it a "color" now that it's had 18 years of sun fade and the front bumper looks more white than dark grey LOL. But yes I see your point of it just being the general plastic or part mold color. For some odd reason, my plastic fender flares have retained their color very well. The rear side bumps (whatever you want to call them) + front and rear bumpers have not faired very well at all...

OldJoe

Reaction score
Hi - Long-term project thought here, but does anyone know the matching color codes for the plastic dark grey fender flares and bumpers? I am thinking to repaint them all eventually on my 2004 KJ Sport trim. The car is the "Light Khaki Metallic Clear Coat" color, while on my build sheet it only mentions the following for the fenders and bumpers (which may or may not be related): K1AS Neutral Dark Gray - Molding, K3AS Neutral Dark Gray - Fender Flares, and MLCS Gray Facias.

I will be trying out a SEM black trim paint on the front grille insert later this week once it arrives, curious how that will come out painting plastic. However, I would NOT like to go black on the fenders for this car given the body color (I like the generally lighter color scheme overall). Anyways, if someone is aware of the paint code for the plastic fenders/bumper that would be awesome. Could not find a thread on it besides people painting them black. Thanks!
Hi. I have an '94 Sport. I never really cared for the gray flares. Last year I was don't a lot of body work and I had the flares off. I decided to paint them. Dupli-color has a trim paint in gray and black. I did mine in black and it looks great. Easy enough to do over if needed, bit it held up great over winter.

Attachments

• Resized_20210725_132355(2).jpeg
    Resized_20210725_132355(2).jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 27

OldJoe

Reaction score
Hi. I have an '94 Sport. I never really cared for the gray flares. Last year I was don't a lot of body work and I had the flares off. I decided to paint them. Dupli-color has a trim paint in gray and black. I did mine in black and it looks great. Easy enough to do over if needed, bit it held up great over winter.
Oops. Should be a '04 Sport.

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the picture! Yours is looking good.

motor33

Reaction score

I've used Maguiars Black Trim Paste. Wax it on and off about 10 minutes later. After 3 or so times doing that it stays pretty good. I live in AZ and have had no problems or do agains in 2 years. Is darker than the light grey they were, but not black

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Maguiars Black Trim Paste. Wax it on and off about 10 minutes later. After 3 or so times doing that it stays pretty good. I live in AZ and have had no problems or do agains in 2 years. Is darker than the light grey they were, but not black
I’m surprised a paste (is this like wax?) would last that long. Especially if it’s not paint.

I came across this last night, there’s a photo review w a similar looking color Nissan bumper that seems very similar. I may pick up a can for $20 and test it out:

SEM 39193 Dark Gray Bumper Coater Aerosol - 12 oz. https://a.co/d/eisOi4V

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online