Dang window dropped AGAIN. 6th time!!! What's the record?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a metal one from auto and art off ebay. Works perfect.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's the (final?) resolution:

Jeep fixed the window as expected. According to the service manager, the front window CLIPS were replaced, they're an updated part (Delta variant) and they shouldn't break again. He said the rears were originally replaced with new regulators/windows but the second time they were fixed just the clips were fixed. He seems to think that the new clips will hold up fine. Time will tell.

On a side note, the A/C started acting funny (again) and they replaced the compressor on the spot for free...no deductible. I think that was a consolation prize for us.

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had all 4 done once. The front windows were done just recently and the Service Center told me that they can only do it for free until 2014.

I have an 07 and mine just broke...will the dealer fix this for me for free? Or did you have a warranty or something through them.

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 and mine just broke...will the dealer fix this for me for free? Or did you have a warranty or something through them.

Yes, they'll fix for free. Bring it to the dealer and if they give you any static or pretend that it's an unusual problem, call corporate. It's a well documented issue.

Latest posts

Members online