Dana 30 Front Bearing Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozzy07

Reaction score
I'm replacing my CV Halfshaft and Intermediate Shaft on my 03 Liberty. I'm thinking while I have it tore down I should replace the bearing and seal. Where is the best place to purchase and how easy is the bearing and seal to replace? I'm assuming the only special tool is a bearing puller. Thanks in advance for any input.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Last I checked the bearing had been replaced with a plastic thing by Jeep. The bearing can be had at NAPA . Look for Torrington J-226 if you want a real bearing.

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing my CV Halfshaft and Intermediate Shaft on my 03 Liberty. I'm thinking while I have it tore down I should replace the bearing and seal. Where is the best place to purchase and how easy is the bearing and seal to replace? I'm assuming the only special tool is a bearing puller. Thanks in advance for any input.

let us know if you follow ridenby's advice. I would love to put a real bearing in there and see if it takes care of the annoying vibes everyone complains about.

Latest posts

Members online