Damn wanna-be thief!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, within three weeks of owning the Liberty...somebody attempted to rip it off last night. On the good side, they so-called thieves were amateurs and didn't managed the steal it. On the bad side, they attempted to pry off the drivers' side door handle (I'm assuming to break the lock?)...so they managed to bend in the sheet metal near the door lock, busted some the plastic trimming and took off some paint with it. (banghead)

I'm glad the Jeep made it through the night...because as of now it would probably be south of the border, stripped. I almost wished they just broke the window...easier and cheaper to fix. However, in that case, they might have actually gotten away with the Jeep...and on the other hand, I would have been the ending up in jail, after Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson would have greeted these so-call thieves with a loud bark, after hearing a window breaking.

So either it happened at a local pub we frequent often, or in front of the house. I'm hoping for the pub for a multitude of reasons....they have cameras, and know there is a camera within 10 feet of where I parked, I also know the owner and he's a good guy so he would be honest with the video even if it was a employee. Secondly, I rather it be the pub as we recently moved to New Mexico and spend the extra dough to live in a "better" neighborhood.

Man, do we have bad luck with vehicles and vandalism. On July 4th, my truck's hood ended up being the resting point for a bullet shot into the air by some jerk. In that scenario, I was actually glad it was my Ranger versus some kid playing with sparklers in the street.

I do hope karma exists for these lowlifes...cause I think I've caught my fair share of someones else bad luck.

Well thanks for listening folks.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your "episodes" with low lifes.

I sure hope they will get theirs, one way or the other.

Overall, I think it could have been worse.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That *****! Hopefully it got caught on video and you can catch the clown that did it.

On the bright side, nobody got hurt.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if someone tried doing that to mine they'd be having a short conversation with a 9mm laugh.gif

I'm guessing they did it at your house since if it had happened at the pub you (or your husband) probably would have noticed when you went to get in the Jeep. Unfortunately its getting to the point where there really isn't a 'good' part of most any sizable city - if people want what you have they'll take it, and quite a few will drive thru the better neighborhoods just so they can find nicer stuff to steal. What part of town are you in (I know most of them fairly well)?

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our '99 XJ got boosted while we were visiting family on vacation. The jack099s that did it were stupid enough to steal an out of state car (NH plates in NJ...not that common), then after they hit a police car, they thought it would be a good idea to throw their tools on the skinny pedal and jump out-allowing the poor XJ to drive through the brick wall of a Red Lobster restaraunt ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) . 5 Years later we got a check from Bergen County for like..$500 lol.

I hope you find the stupid t1ts that tried to steal you car...obviously amateurs if they couldn't get into a jeep, so they shouldn't be hard to track down. Idiots...I hate criminals...

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the encouraging words.

I, too, am glad they didn't actually steal it. The most aggravating aspect of the whole thing, aside from the obvious damage, which can be fixed, is attempting to understand people who do this kind of stuff to other people.
I mean can you imagine driving down a street and contemplate or think about vandalizing or stealing somebody's car? Just unimaginable.

It could have been worse...they could have actually stole the Jeep and the Expedition (knock on wood)

For all you movie buffs...or geeks like myself-(this quote seems fitting today)

To quote Lance (Eric Stoltz) speaking with Vincent Vega (John Travolta) in Pulp Fiction. "You just don't screw with another mans car...you don't do it." [-X

Thanks everybody

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lizzys07Liberty said:
Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson would have greeted these so-call thieves with a loud bark, after hearing a window breaking

What do you carry?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some car thieves are really dumb,a few years ago a couple of my buddies were at the bar and when they came out my buddy Jeremy's '98 blazer was gone.What makes the thief really stupid was all 4 of my buddies vehicles had the key's in the ignition(even the blazer),the other vehicles are a '01 F-350 superduty(crewcab) sitting on 37's,'98 Z-71 sitting on 35's,and a '03 cadilac sts. And the stupid idiot took the '98 blazer with like 150,000 miles,been rolled twice(damage not fixed) and ice cream/cookie/chip inside.What a dumba%$!!!!!!!!!!!! My buddy was mostly pissed about his now gone sun glasses,he made out like a bandit with the insurance at least.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
liberator said:
Corwyyn said:
a short conversation with a 9mm laugh.gif

?

What do you carry?
I've got a Taurus PT-99 with two high-capacity mags. I figure if I can't get it done with 31 rounds then it isn't getting done at all... Think I'll try taking it out next weekend, it's been a while since I've gone target shooting with it and I feel it's time.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Kevin. Where do you go? We hold CCW's and practice a bit. We have been to Frontsight in Pahrump, NV. Caswell's is a decent indoor. Casa Grande has a public open with no range masters to deal with. Haven't been to Rio Salado in years.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
azmotoman said:
Hey, Kevin. Where do you go?
Been up to the range at Usery a couple of times, and I also go out with friends from time to time and shoot in the desert. The Casa Grande option sounds decent with no range masters, is it a maintained facility? Go ahead and PM me so we can get the thread back on-topic.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Springfield Armory XD-40 but that was stolen with my Jeep. It was later recovered, but the country crime lab has it now for testing, probably won't see it again for another year or more.

I replaced it with a small Colt until I get it back.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
but the country crime lab has it now for testing, probably won't see it again for another year or more.

Yeah....10,000 poorly maintainted rounds later. Enjoy that colt.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well I've been debating even keeping it when I finally do get it back. It was immaculate when I had it...if it comes back with any scratches on it, it's gone. I'll also be tearing it down for a good inspection, it had about 20 rounds through it previously, it was pretty much new.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Yeah, well I've been debating even keeping it when I finally do get it back. It was immaculate when I had it...if it comes back with any scratches on it, it's gone. I'll also be tearing it down for a good inspection, it had about 20 rounds through it previously, it was pretty much new.

At least it wasn't a collectible or something...Imagine a 75th anniversary PPK getting snatched and thrown in the brig (Argh) . Or a Les Baer custom or something...THAT would suck even more. I'd still be pissed though, it's your personal property and it's being kept from you. But, on the other hand, I bet you learned not to keep your firearm in your vehicle anymore #-o .

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SnowgodCCR said:
At least it wasn't a collectible or something...Imagine a 75th anniversary PPK getting snatched and thrown in the brig (Argh) . Or a Les Baer custom or something...THAT would suck even more. I'd still be pissed though, it's your personal property and it's being kept from you. But, on the other hand, I bet you learned not to keep your firearm in your vehicle anymore #-o .

Yeah, it's still a $600 hangun that I own but can't have. Yeah I don't keep one in there anymore...that was a habit I had where I used to live, where you didn't have to worry about someone breaking into your car...and I'd only lived here two weeks when that happened. Now it makes the trip in and out of the car with me. Good news for me is that I switched shifts tomorrow and will get much better parking here now that I'm working daylight hours, so my Jeep won't ever be in secluded parking anymore. \:D/

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online