CV boot trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robslibby

Reaction score
I just put in the Rustys lift and within a week both CV boots ripped the jeep only has 4000 miles on it has anybody else had any problems with this happening

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the install clean? Was it possible that the boots were torn during the install process?

I've heard this problem with the frankinlift but not with the rusty's..

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has to be a first, I've never heard of such a problem on the Rusty's coil lift. The only complaints seem to be with Rusty's rear shocks.
Did you install it or someone else?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the rustys lift and the front cv boots look great. O:)

Not to sure how it would have anything to do with them ripping. (Aeh)

robslibby

Reaction score
The lift was put in by a local 4x4 shop and I noticed alot of cv grease on the drivers side front wheel. And when I took the wheel off I noticed the CV boot had a tear on the top of it. The jeep has only been run on the road and only has 3500 miles on it.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the shop ripped the boot and the tech didn't say anything so it didn't get fixed. get that fixed ASAP a CV with no grease is not a good thing.

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
robslibby said:
The lift was put in by a local 4x4 shop and I noticed alot of cv grease on the drivers side front wheel. And when I took the wheel off I noticed the CV boot had a tear on the top of it. The jeep has only been run on the road and only has 3500 miles on it.
how many miles since you picked it up? maybe they damaged it during installation? warranty on their labor?

robslibby

Reaction score
I only put 100 miles on it when I noticed it and the shop said it's not covered because it's a road hazard issue. Plus I went to the jeep dealer to get it fixed and the next day it ripped again I dont know whats going on.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
robslibby said:
I only put 100 miles on it when I noticed it and the shop said it's not covered because it's a road hazard issue. Plus I went to the jeep dealer to get it fixed and the next day it ripped again I dont know whats going on.

Sounds like something might be rubbing and cutting the boot. Post a picture.

robslibby

Reaction score
CV Boot Update

I just wanted to let you guys know I had a different dealership put on a new CV Boot and it has gone 3 days without any problems. The tech said the band had slipped off the last one and dug a hole in the boot. Which caused the last one to go. As far as the first I think the shop that put my lift on did it because there was noting wrong with it the day I dropped it off. I will keep you posted thanks for the help.