Crustys 2.5" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj0602

Reaction score
So we've been running this garbage ( RUSTY'S) for a few years and see alot of others using old man emu / with other manufacturers shocks set up. Is the franken lift premium 2 lift better and just more expensive or is there a performance difference.? What is really the best set up when you have arb w/ winch in front and RLF kimodo rear bumpers. I'm sure that someone here must know the best set up for us?

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Diesels tend to work better with the OME struts - the gasser folks don't seem to have any problems with Ranchos.
So I think the OME valving is better for heavy front ends and stiffer springs.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
actually
OME 927s are rated Heavy for the gas and only Medium for the CRD,

OME CRD Heavy Duty are the OME 790s for the front rear is the same

But the 927s in front do a great job, I don't have a winch but do have the ARB and 927/Ranchos and 78,000 miles later not one problem

tjkj0602

Reaction score
Thanks so much I believe I'll be leaning towards the frankenlift premium II.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Frankenlift II Premium with OME 927's in the front and the 948's in the rear with an extra set of isolators. OME struts up front, and long travel shocks in the rear. I have a brush guard and lights on the front that adds about 50 lbs. I really like the setup. It rides really well, and the fit with the 245/75R16 Silent Armors and Moabs only took minor trimming under the fog lamp doors. Before I got the brush guard, the springs were a little stiff for the weight up front. Now it's about perfect. I'm not sure if the additional weight yours has up front would need the OME CRD springs though.

Latest posts

Members online