CRD oil change/mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pnorton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 3500 miles on my CRD. I've heard it came from the dealer with synthetic oil. When do I get the first oil change? What other services do I NEED to get at that time? I know what the manual says, just looking for opinions. Also are there any mods to the engine, exhaust, air intake, etc. that are worth it for the CRD?
Thanks

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3500 miles is a little early (in my opinion) for an oil change given the 6250 / 12500 intervals as stated in the owner's manual. I changed the oil in my CRD at 5700 miles (first oil change....tossed in some washer fluid, rotated the tires and set tire pressure). I'm very displeased with the "cleanliness" of the Mobil 1 0W40 oil.....I'm going to Shell Rotella-T 5W40 Synthetic for future oil changes. Oil sampling / analysis will be done on the next OLF as well.

Here's a link I wrote over in the "How To" section on this site :

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2077

If you're a do-it-your-selfer, it should be a breeze for you.
Mods currently are limited....but if I were choosing a programmer, it would be TST's....it's still in the developmental stage as of now. Others have stated that the exhaust system is the same on the 2.4L, 2.8L, and 3.7L engines....I'm currently looking at Magnaflow's cat-back system in the next few months or so. If AFE comes out with a drop-in or CAI, I'll get one for the CRD....I have an AFE in my '03 RAM 2500 CTD and love it.

Greg

Pnorton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Let me know if you do an exhaust system.