cracked leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with cracked leather in their front seats?

My kj just turned a year old and the leather is looking a bit too rugged for my taste. So, today, I took it to Michael Stead in Walnut Creek, CA (which is notoriously bad for warranty repairs). They insisted that it was NORMAL to be cracked and wrinkled... but to get me out of their way, they told me that I cold talk the DC rep when he made his rounds next month. They said they'd "call" me. Umhmm.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone was able to get their leather replaced and had before and after photos of what was considered "cracked".

TIA

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers seat after 10 months shows wrinckles, but I think it's just wear.

But, try another dealer, as I have hard that may work. I probably will try and complain before the warranty ends myself, lol.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
If u do not put leather conditioner on them they will look like crap, put it on it every few months or so on.

I do threat my leather, but lines are going to happen.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been taking the best care of mine... it is my baby after all. But it still is looking bad sad2.gif

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine cracked too at about 25k and I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner quarterly. My local dealer gave me the Regional Rep. story (Portland, OR-NW Jeep/they never called back) and I ended up getting a recommendation from a JU member of a dealership that replaced his leather(dealer in Woodburn, OR). Sure enough they replaced it.

First the leather will wrinkle then eventually crack. I'm about 170 lbs and take very good care of my Jeep inside and out. The leather is low quality... VW, Auqi, BMW etc. use thicker/better quality leather. You get what you pay for.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the wrinkles are normal, but mine is now starting to crack, the leather is way to thin, and its starting to get bad, only after a year, if i would of known this, i would of gotten cloth seats.