CPS or oil????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jj231

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Liberty with the 3.7 and 155k miles. I had the CPS code (p306 I think?)go off and changed the sensor twice. The first time was a generic sensor and second was a mopar unit. Neither one fixed the problem. The engine cuts out under hard acceleration and sometimes randomly dies. The jeep starts fine cold but seems to take a lot of cranking when starting warm.
The strange thing is that it seems to run good for about 100 miles after an oil change. Then it goes right back to the way it was. Is this possibly an issue with oil junk/sludge ******** with the CPS? And if so, what should I do?

Jj231

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Check Your code #.
P0306 Cylinder #6 Misfire See this link: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/generic-chrysler-diagnostic-trouble-code-list.39860/
Spark Plugs been changed ? They should be changed out every 35-40k.
You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome to the forums. Check Your code #.
P0306 Cylinder #6 Misfire See this link: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/generic-chrysler-diagnostic-trouble-code-list.39860/
Spark Plugs been changed ? They should be changed out every 35-40k.
You must be registered for see images attach
Ahhh it’s been a while now. I put plugs, wires and Coil packs on the vehicle when I got it. I guess it has been 60-70k miles now. I will check the code again today. It may of actually been p0340.

It’s just strange that clean oil seems to fix the problem for a short minute. Hmm

Jj231

Reaction score
So update, I have changed the Cam position sensor twice. Both times it fixes the problem for about a week or two. Then it fails again. Yes, these are autozone sensors since the mopar wasn’t available, but I think I have something else going on here.

Latest posts

Members online