couple questions about wheel alignment and ****** cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, There are way too many HOW-TO change ****** oil in the HOW-TO section. :shrug:

My first question is, how easy is it to add a ****** cooler? That's one HOW-TO I didn't find. Although at my age and being of the male species it's probably there and I didn't see it :smokin:

My other question or concern is that twice I have brought my car...just kidding...KJ, in for a wheel alignment and have been told my front driver side is maxed out. It can't be adjusted any further and it's still off by a bit but that's as close as they will get it. It's enough to get tire wear on the outer edge of the tire and to make my vehicle pull right.

Should I take it elsewhere? I have visually checked it and the adjuster bolts are indeed maxed on one side. How can that be for one side and not the other? This is since I put in the new A-Arms last spring.
Thanks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
X2 as above??
Mine is also maxed out as close as it gets, with clevis, Boiler's 3/8 steel top plate and 4.5's.
I think the lift is going to have to settle in a bit and may consider Moog lower Ball joints after lift settles down, and see if that makes it better. I was really surprised after installing the new A-Arms that it was not perfect with in spec, but was told the camber will come in after lift settles down..
My steering rack bushings are starting to wear as well, not sure if that applies to problem?
Got a print out from you alignment? Hopefully Troy can look at it and help here.
I also am interested in installing a cooler with fan one day.
Going to install the PML 42RLE aluminum pan, and see how that works first.

PDXGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting....

Exact same thing on my kj an was told the same thing by the shop I took it too. Mine is stock so I cant understand why Chrysler would build a product so poorly designed.
I'm very disappointed the jeep due to this alignment issue.
Im very curious what remedy others have.
I planned on getting the jba a arms so aybe that will fix the issue.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after some thinking I came up with a simple fix
cut the hole longer ,the shop should have come up with this option
remove lower A-arm
cut hole longer by 1/2"-1" and realign
This would mean taking a torch to your Jeep
but trust me it only hurts the first time

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after some thinking I came up with a simple fix
cut the hole longer ,the shop should have come up with this option
remove lower A-arm
cut hole longer by 1/2"-1" and realign
This would mean taking a torch to your Jeep
but trust me it only hurts the first time

I think its rocky road that sells the tool to do this.
Why did jeep not make them all the same I dont know but it seems that the KJs diff on all kinds of things even if its the same year. This is why I allways look up the vin# first and even then I have found some strange things that dont seem to match up.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
BJ, does your Liberty not already have a ****** cooler?
An external one mounted in front of the radiator at the
bottom of the rad?
Or are you wanting to install a larger cooler or a second
"supplementary" ****** cooler?

As far as changing the transmission fluid, you are better
to bring your vehicle to a dealership and have the ******
flushed and new filter installed.
That way all the transmission fluid gets replaced and not
just what is in the ****** oil pan.

Also...

I don't get why you guys are having problems with alignments.

Our Heep has had four alignments since installing our Frankenlift,
16 mm. Clevis lift, JBA Upper control arms.some 18 months ago!

All done to factory specifications. Three at a Chrysler dealership.
Nothing "Maxed out", No irregular tire wear problems due to
the alignment, No issues, or other drama!

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine still has the stock arms, and no issues what so ever...nothing is maxed out or anything with the lift. Still in perfect alignment after a good 10k!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that the max out is caused by adding 3/8 top plate, clevis, and effects drivers's side only on camber.
Higher you go even with 4.5 a-arms, still requires more adjustment that does not exist on driver's side.
Would like to know more about how to get that hole/tools to drill, what ever info.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting....

Exact same thing on my kj an was told the same thing by the shop I took it too. Mine is stock so I cant understand why Chrysler would build a product so poorly designed.
I'm very disappointed the jeep due to this alignment issue.
Im very curious what remedy others have.
I planned on getting the jba a arms so aybe that will fix the issue.
You have something bent,plan and simple if your stock.The only other possible cause would be the cradle shifted a little,'02 KJ's had cradle centering bolts but the disappeared soon after.

Elongating the cam bolt slots will do nothing as the cam washers are only so big,you would need to make custom cam washers to take advantage of longer slots.

And yes if lifted "close" is about all your going to get,depending on the vehicle you can get it perfectly back in and some will not.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Elongating the cam bolt slots will do nothing as the cam washers are only so big,you would need to make custom cam washers to take advantage of longer slots.

Are they not similar to the TJ UCA's
not all come with cam bolts so if you need to adjust and dont want to buy new
uppers you simply buy cam bolts if you run out of adjustment cut the hole bigger
maybe not

maybe you could cut the hole and grind down the washer thing on the front side of the bolt ,head side as I know the nut side has none
if they are going to be to short then maybe welding some key stock to the front or out side of what is there now
to make the washer thing seem bigger
just saw it in a picture
and I may be able to figure it out with a picture of the front side

Last edited:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it help the adjustment if I took out the 2" washers on the clevis? Maybe that's why it's(alignment) ok for some and not others, some of us have a couple washers on each side. I can't see it being the case but......