Couple of queries for you guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertPH

Reaction score
1. I am trying to find a site that sells a POWER FOLDAWAY MIRROR SWITCH - EXPORT. This is the switch with the fold in fold out power button at the bottom of the switch. I can only find the normal switch online (without the foldaway button). A site that exports parts OS would be nice
any help with this would be appreciated.

2. I have fixed the power problem - just bought a new battery :p Not sure as to the age of the old one but thought bugger it, chuck in a new one and be done with it - now I have been told by leaving all my attachments ( gps, reverse and front mirror cam, phone charger etc) plugged in all the time - over time - will drain power from the battery ? is this correct ? should I get into a habit of pulling out the 12v plug from its socket each time i leave the vehicle for a couple of days ? I am getting two schools of thought on this one. I would have thought when you turn the ignition off and locked the car, NO power was being used ?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to find this switch at the local SA Breaker Yards..maybe the SA Dealers will have it but I doubt it.
Search for "Used Car Spares" on the local internet...some surprising items can be found this way.

You are going to make the Canadian/USA Members here very jealous when you talk about fold-away mirrors!;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup including me. Now I want fold away mirrors ha ha.;)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and I want self leveling headlights too! People always think my high beams are on when I’m towing a trailer.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya same here until I installed new monroe shocks with coil overs, because the Kj OME 948's had sagged. What tongue weight...;)

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really do not understand why only Export KJs got the fold-back mirrors and the headlights that you can height-adjust while driving at night while towing a trailer of with a heavy load in the rear!:confused:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Power Outlets..front and rear....have +12 volts on them no matter if you have a key in ignition or not......I inflate my tires often with an electrical pump using those Outlets with the ignition OFF so if you have anything plugged in there...you will draw current overnight!

I get about 4 to 5 years life out of my batteries....we do not get the fancy batteries here as are available overseas!:(

Maybe someone from Aus can help you regarding your mirror switch...they have the same Export Jeeps as we have!
I recently asked them to point me to where I could get the correct oil for the KJ manual gearbox..useless Dealers here said I could use ATF +4. Some guy from the UK saw my post on the Aussie site and gave me a link to a German oil company with a branch in Cape Town who could help me!;)

www.ausjeepoffroad.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.