Coolant Type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay D

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
Reaction score
I've lurked around the forum and understand that the coolant to use is either the Mopar HOAT or the Zerex coolant. However, I saw this coolant (OEM 50/50 Premixed Anti-Freeze/Coolant, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, 3.78-L) at Canadian Tire and was wondering if this is okay to use.

Thanks!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I know some coolants are labeled "good for all systems" and they're not. Plus the 50/50 premixes have you paying a lot for water, which should be distilled. (which costs money too)

The proper coolant is dyed red. I've read that green mixed with red can gel and clog the cooling system so it's worth getting right. Check your book and read the fine print on the back of the jug.

I miss the old days when it was all the same stuff but, I'm old.

Jay D

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I know some coolants are labeled "good for all systems" and they're not. Plus the 50/50 premixes have you paying a lot for water, which should be distilled. (which costs money too)

The proper coolant is dyed red. I've read that green mixed with red can gel and clog the cooling system so it's worth getting right. Check your book and read the fine print on the back of the jug.

I miss the old days when it was all the same stuff but, I'm old.

I assume that the coolant colour is Orange (given the name of the product). Isn't HOAT fluid amber/orange in colour?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
So..Mopar Hoat & Zerex G-05 is what is only recommended.

Which we can now add The CanTire Hoat product as acceptable.
CanTire image/ Back of Jug, conforms & shows the MS-9769 spec.
Which is the same as Mopar Specifications.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jay D

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
Reaction score
So..Mopar Hoat & Zerex G-05 is what is only recommended.

Which we can now add The CanTire Hoat product as acceptable.
CanTire image/ Back of Jug, conforms & shows the MS-9769 spec.
Which is the same as Mopar Secifications.
You must be registered for see images attach
Good to know. Thanks TC!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries Jay, The coolant in glass is from the Mopar Hoat Jug and its probably same in Can tire jug. ;)

Latest posts

Members online