constant KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this constant knock on the driverside as if im running over small bumps which there are none at all, I dont know if it is the wheel bearing, and I also have a whine after 35mph and when I go to stop it grinds like errrrrr like park of the brake pad is breaking apart. This is all on the driver side wheel. Im thinking wheel bearing but not completely sure.

widwesternjeepz

Reaction score
Either wheel bearing or CV joint, but it could also be a problem with the brake caliper being stuck since braking affects it, i would pull it all apart and check. The bolts that the brake caliper slide on sometimes get stuck, taking them apart and cleaning and greasing them will cure a lot of weird braking noises. But go through everything!

Another thing i have had happen on these jeep's is the front driveshaft joint going bad, its also on the drivers side, and it would make a rattling clunking noise on the slightest bumps. But that doesn't seem to match your symptoms.