Coincidences or Electrical Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fango925

Reaction score
So it's cold here. Really cold. Like -5 fahrenheit cold. So I'm starting the Jeep and it's hard to start. Lights flickering, that's typical. What's Atypical is that I have a sensor, my driver's side post-cat O2 Sensor is giving me a low voltage code. P0137 I believe. Along with that, both of my headlights have gone out in two days! So do you guys think that I'm having battery/alternator problems, or it's actually a faulty sensor and some coincidences. Any way for me to check? Any help is appreciated guys! Thanks!

Edit: Sensor went out in early December, starting to have problems now.

Last edited:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way to find out is fake it to your friendly tire place or Walmart and have both the battery and alternator tested for free. Start there and report back.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
X2 ^
Cold is Mother nature's way of a free load test, trickle charging it overnight would really help!
54864[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Load test it and keep in mind that at those temps you only have 40% or less available..
Try to find a larger capacity battery.
My Jeep originally only came with only 620CCA and a 800 CCA (800 cold cranking amps) will perform better in cold temps, and should make it fire up much more easily.
Synthetic engine oil helps when it's really cold out as well!! Flow rate better with Syn's.

Get the 02 sensor replaced as mentioned in previous thread.
You can damage the catalytic converters if left unattended, it's running rich=not good.

Attachments

• Battery%20Cold%20Information.jpg
    Battery%20Cold%20Information.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Fango925

Reaction score
I'll grab that sensor tomorrow for sure. Rather replace that than my converter. That's a nice graph, some stuff I didn't know about batteries. I'll have to take a look at mine tomorrow. It's -12 right now and braving that isn't worth checking it tonight lol.

Thanks guys, you all help this poor college student so much. It's great that I can come here and ask questions, it really helps me learn more about this bucket of bolts!