Codeable Padlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thats really cool... Watched the little video on there of how it works to, never seen one like it before.

Price isn't bad for a good quality lock, if it is.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds very cool... only disadvantage I can see is it sounds like it's set permanently, so if you sell the matching vehicle you might as well include the locks!

If they could be re-keyed that would be even cooler. I have locks on my house I can re-key at will, pretty cool.

Dave

Chris9296

Reaction score
Yes it is a one shot deal set permanantly to the first key put into it. I work at a Napa store in Canada and actulayy had a rep in yesterday showing it to us and explaining it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not seen one of those before. That is really neat.

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds very cool... only disadvantage I can see is it sounds like it's set permanently, so if you sell the matching vehicle you might as well include the locks!

If they could be re-keyed that would be even cooler. I have locks on my house I can re-key at will, pretty cool.

Dave

Kwikset? Thats what i have on my house, the set with the lockset and deadbolt... Put the special tool in the little hole and insert a new key to reprogram.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kwikset? Thats what i have on my house, the set with the lockset and deadbolt... Put the special tool in the little hole and insert a new key to reprogram.

Mine are Weiser SmartKey, but sounds like the same type of thing - you need the original key, the little tool and the new key.

I spent something like $700 changing them all out in the whole house. They do look damn good though ;)