Code P1236

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcoman

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Liberty CRD, and the engine light has been on for several months now. The code that comes up is P 1236. The engine seems to operate fine, and I haven't noticed anything unusual. I found several places on the web describing this code as: "P1236 Fuel Pump Control Out Of Range (Ford)". Anyone know what this code means for the Jeep CRD diesel engine?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Liberty CRD, and the engine light has been on for several months now. The code that comes up is P 1236. The engine seems to operate fine, and I haven't noticed anything unusual. I found several places on the web describing this code as: "P1236 Fuel Pump Control Out Of Range (Ford)". Anyone know what this code means for the Jeep CRD diesel engine?

My list of codes for Jeeps has the same description as you have stated above!
I have no idea of what it means, maybe the fuel rail pressure sensor is faulty. :shrug: Maybe try Lostjeeps.com...they have a good Liberty CRD section.
I presume you do not have any aftermarket black box/performance chip fitted?