Code P0402

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lib88888

Reaction score
Had this code throw up - with excessive flow detected. (This recently happened after checking my air filter, not realising the housing wasn’t properly tightened)

However fast forward, I re tightened the housing but the code now re appears even after having it cleared?

Unsure what to do next!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What year is your Jeep & is it a gasoline or diesel?

sunvale

Reaction score
Not sure what your needs are since you did not mention any.
However, I have some question re; the 06 CRD and the rear differential. Is the engine torque to much for the rear diff to experience a long life? I have some loud howling at 60-70 MPH. Replace all the wheel bearings etc but my suspicion is that the diff is from a gasser and Mercedes did not take into consideration that diesel is just to strong for it.
Any comments and or suggestions?

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this code throw up - with excessive flow detected. (This recently happened after checking my air filter, not realising the housing wasn’t properly tightened)

However fast forward, I re tightened the housing but the code now re appears even after having it cleared?

Unsure what to do next!

P0402

It might be the same as this.

EGR valve.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your needs are since you did not mention any.
However, I have some question re; the 06 CRD and the rear differential. Is the engine torque to much for the rear diff to experience a long life? I have some loud howling at 60-70 MPH. Replace all the wheel bearings etc but my suspicion is that the diff is from a gasser and Mercedes did not take into consideration that diesel is just to strong for it.
Any comments and or suggestions?
The diff is well capable of the diesels power output, however they are often forgotten when it comes to oil changes...
I don't think Mercedes had much input into the design of the engine or the diff, the 6 speed box was out of a sprinter van but otherwise its a US design with an Italian diesel engine.

Latest posts

Members online