Cloth seat cleaner - help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty & Justice

Reaction score
We just bought an 02 Liberty with cloth seats and it has a stain that we would like to remove.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (Aeh)

Pnorton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the stain is really bad (red, coffee, etc) call a profesional. I use a Chem Dry franchise. You could try to purchase some carpet cleaner and try it yourself. If you buy some ******** cleaner be sure to test it in a hidden spot first. Again the cleaner I use is from Chem Dry. I used to work for them.
If you want to buy a machine the Green Machine by Bissell is a good one.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I just recently steam cleaned my carpets and seats and man what a difference! I didn' think they were that dirty but they look just like new again. If you have a steam cleaner you could try that, if not go get a product called Tuff Stuff. Comes in an Aerosal can and can be found just about anywhere, I usually get mine from wally world in the auto cleaner section. It's pretty cheap for a can too. Spray the stuff on nice and heavy, let it work in for about 45 seconds or so, dake a DAMP sponge, not soaking wet, rub it over the stain, then go back with a dry paper towel and rub it some till the spot on the seat is just damp. It will probably take a while to get the seat to dry out, so this is best in the evening before you go inside for the night, that way it has all night to dry out (maybe leave the windows cracked if possible).

That stuff saved my carpets from being destroyed before I got floor mats. And Carolina Clay can really mess up a carpet!

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your seats... I have one of those little bissel green machine things - basically a small steam cleaner. It works really well for this type of thing. If you're not successful, I have a set of seats for sale/trade from an 02 in slate gray :) (I know, I know, shameless plug, but I really want to get rid of these things).

Maybe I should just ebay them, eh?

-Blu

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone sat in my Liberty with gum on the back of their pants leg without knowing it. Got into the seat. I used a basic prestone fabric cleaner then got in there with tweezers and 'pinched' the fabric so I could tweeze the gum out. Took a little while but can't tell it was there.

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem is when it rains...little bitty rain spots get on my seats and NEVER COME OFF!! I spilled something on it (from my taco at lunch) and got a good carseat cleaner and sprayed it on and where I sparyed it...there is a huge dark spot! This brand new jeep has little darker spots where it has been wet! It looks horrible! We are in the process of moving.....so I havent gotten to take it by the dealer yet. Hopefully really soon I will be able to take it by.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It *****, but use a cleaner that will make them all match. I believe you're referring to leather seats, try a leather conditioner or leather cleaner.

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope......I have the khaki cloth seats! The spots have faded...but are still very noticible. They dont look like there is a big wet spot there anymore....just little ones that have dried out more, but they are completely dry. (Aeh) :-s

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some problems like that and they eventually wore away where you couldn't see 'em, but I have the really dark grey seats in mine.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lea Ann said:
My problem is when it rains...little bitty rain spots get on my seats and NEVER COME OFF!!

Ummm... close the windows?

Lea Ann said:
I spilled something on it (from my taco at lunch) and got a good carseat cleaner and sprayed it on and where I sparyed it...there is a huge dark spot! .....so I havent gotten to take it by the dealer yet. Hopefully really soon I will be able to take it by

The dealer might be able to fix it. If they have a clean up shop (some dealers do) your chances are even better. Just don't expect them to do it for free (under warranty).