Clicking at 60mph+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done a decent job of troubleshooting many problems I have had recently with the KJ myself. But this one is really stumping me. When out on a job in Richmond, Indiana today I notice a clicking/ticking noise in the front driver side wheel area. It was only audible at 60mph or higher. I know sounds are really hard to explain on a forum but the closest thing I can describe it as is this....

Put a small piece of gravel in a Cragar wheel center cap and jiggle it around. It is that quiet at driving speeds but that is what it sounds like.

Now I have removed the tire and check for dirt/gravel in the cap....I found nothing. I have checked the lugs for rocks......nothing. I have checked the hub(?) and UCA.....all is tight and good to go. Everything is greased well and everything is clean.

Now I have read a few places that this may be a symptom of the CV going out. I hope that the CV isn't going out because if it is, I am ready to throw the towel in on the KJ. It seems like every month it is something new.

Anyone else experienced this noise or something similar?

Latest posts

Members online