cigarette lighter not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjtilney

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport. Two days later I found out that the front cigarette lighter does not work but the power plug in the back works fine. I did not see anything in the fuse box marked for the cigarette lighter. Any thoughts on this?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
blown fuse. I didn't have my fuse diagram so I had to take it back to dealer.
I think fuse diagram was changed from 02 to 04 then again for 05? But your manual around page 200~'s has the diagram.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 and the owners manual shows it as fuse #3 - 20 amp yellow. Looks like it has a dedicated fuse. Open the drivers door and the fuses are on the left corner of the dash behind a cover.

Check for your owners manual in a slot above the glovebox (open the glovebox). You won't see it unless you are looking for it.

Dave

sjtilney

Reaction score
I just checked the glovebox and no owners manual. I'll check that fuse when I get home from work. I thought the only fuse box was the one under the hood.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked the glovebox and no owners manual. I'll check that fuse when I get home from work. I thought the only fuse box was the one under the hood.

There's one under the hood too, but the fuse you'rs looking for is on the side of the dash.

If you got that jeep at a dealer go and tell them you didn't get an owners manual and maby they will get one for you. Or ask whoever you got it from if possible.

There's a link on this board somewhere for owners manuals if I can find it.

Dave

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check for the manual, it's in a pocket above the glove box. you have to open the glove box to get to it and it will be between the grab handle (if you have one) and the box part of the glove box. Just a slot that the book fits into. Took me about 10 months to even notice that hole.

sjtilney

Reaction score
The fuse was burnt out. I changed it and the cigarette lighter works great. Thanks.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was blown due to a cheap chinese power adapter, because it shorted inside and cause fuse to blow. So make sure not to use $1 adapters.