Chromeintakes - 2pc CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a functional hood scoop would be the way to go. you could make a simple box and use a flat filter. we should talk to the guy with the plastic machine if he can make the box off the throttle body.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
i know there are no ebay snorkels but it would be easy to make a kit, i wish they did. I just dont like the idea of cutting into the fender

Yeah, no one does.... I have seen them do this on that Pimp My Ride show a few years back. A chick had a 4x4, it was not a jeep, forget what it was. When they were done, it looked partially like a Hummer, and they made a snorkel intake for it. In fact, it was not hard at all. They bought tube, couplers, and one flex piece, and the snorkel. You can buy the parts you need to do it, it is easy. Pep Boys practically sells all the tubing, couplers, and elbows if needed (the snorkel part should "L" in that way). All you would need is the snorkel part on the outside. My guy would do it if I wanted, but, yep, the cutting the hole in the fender...

Still, the cutting through the fender, is not the cool part. I would have to have another fender on stand-by before I do that. I always fear RUST when cutting into body parts of a car.

andrewg

Reaction score
Getting rid of factory air filter housing

HEY everyone my first post on here just joined! i have a 2004 3.7L Sport and was wondering both WHAT IS THE SMALL TUBE THAT RUNS INTO MY AIR FILTER BOX? and WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS THING IF I GET RID OF MY BOX? i saw how you put a type of fuel filter on the tube, but im not sure why this is being done? thanks everyone for all your help :confused: