Chrome Side Moldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkmansell

Reaction score
I have an 04 Limited and looking for the chrome side moldings. I know I've seen an 04 with them but lately all I've seen is the 05 and up. My local dealer is lazy and wont look them up. He says I need to get the vin from an 04 that has them then he can look them up.
Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jeff

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jkmansell said:
My local dealer is lazy and wont look them up.

I'd go in search of another dealer.
It's not rocket science to look up a simple body side moulding.

Greg

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gsbrockman said:
jkmansell said:
My local dealer is lazy and wont look them up.

I'd go in search of another dealer.
It's not rocket science to look up a simple body side moulding.

Greg

2004 Liberty did not have chrome side molding. See below

With its seven-slat grille and round headlights, there's no question the Liberty is a Jeep.

The Liberty's body is tall, providing the driver with a commanding view of the terrain ahead. In terms of exterior dimensions, the Liberty fits between the Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. With an overall length off 174.4 inches, it's slightly longer than the Ford Escape. It's longer than Jeep's classic Wrangler as well, but 7 inches shorter and as much as 500 pounds lighter than the Grand Cherokee.

The Sport model is trimmed with a gray front fascia, and accent-color body-side moldings and wheel flares that give it a rugged, youthful look.

Limited models are distinguished by body-colored trim and unique aluminum wheels that create a more sophisticated appearance.

The Renegade is instantly distinguished by a bold light bar integrated into the leading edge of the roof. It also features a roof basket, bolt-on fender flares, removable side steps, unique graphite-painted aluminum wheels, and a body-colored front fascia. The activity light bar houses four halogen lamps designed to light rocky terrain or a nighttime game of beach volleyball. (Be aware that operating roof lights may not be legal on your roads.) The Renegade was inspired by Jeep's Dakar concept. It comes in a limited choice of colors: Bright Cactus Green, Light Khaki, silver, and black.

A neat feature on all models: Yanking ******* the outside door handle causes the glass hatch to swing up as the door itself is swinging out, which saves time and effort. Pulling on the handle with less force causes just the glass hatch to swing up. Also, the door swings open from the right, better for curbside pickups at the airport.

lbrty13

Reaction score
Try eBay........ i've seen some one there in the past.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part numbers

These are the part number for the chrome body molding from 2005. They are only available on 05-06, but will fit earlier models just fine. I have no idea what the cost will be.

Right front: 55156 946AA
Left Front: 55156 947AA

Right rear: 55156 948AA
Left rear: 55156 949AA