Check Engine: P0455

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Some of you may have seen my other post on LOST regarding this problem, but I thought I'd post here too just in case.

Got a P0455 (Major Evap Leak) code a few months ago. Tried messing with the gas cap, no luck. Disconnected the battery and reset x3, it keeps coming back. Anybody have any ideas about what to check to fix this code? I was told to replace the evap purge solenoid, but before I spend $30 on one of those I'd like to know if anyone has any other ideas.

Is it true that a problem with the intake airbox can throw this code? One of the rubber lines going into my airbox (the only one on the driver side) is KIND OF loose. I zip tied it on and it's fine now. That couldn't cause it, right?

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Pinks for slips

Reaction score
Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (gross leak/no flow)

Check the purge canister (charcoal canister) Check the lines that go to it for a big leak or small one..
Follow it up to the air intake and make sure its seated properly (no leakey)
Check the air intake hose and make sure nothings leaking

Pinks

cmontel727

Reaction score
I had this code come up in mine. I checked all the evap hoses and canister connections, all tight no leaks. I ended up changing the leak dectection pump. Solved the problem, think it cost me 75.00 for the new pump.

May want to investigate this on yours

The above link is the purge valve up front on the drivers side under the hood. This valve opens and send gas fumes to the intake, which is then burned. The charcoal canister is under the rear of the vehicle near the gas tank.

Last edited:

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is this "leak detection pump" located? Where did you buy your replacement? Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.