check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dalimar

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 05 crd has popped a check engine light today. It went away for about 20 miles, but then it came back. I used the on-off-on-off-on and I get two codes. P0410 and then P0299. I can not find the second code and the first one is a secondary air injection malfunction...I do not have the FSM yet so could anyone shed some light on this please.

thanks,

Joseph

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I was more help, these are the codes in between the ones you are looking for. I can't locate P0299 for you and isn't listed for some reason.

P0298 - Engine Oil Overtemperature Condition
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0410 is listed as" Secondary Air Injection System ".....................nevermind I guess you already knew that LOL.

GregScuba

Reaction score
dalimar said:
Hi all,

My 05 crd has popped a check engine light today. It went away for about 20 miles, but then it came back. I used the on-off-on-off-on and I get two codes. P0410 and then P0299. I can not find the second code and the first one is a secondary air injection malfunction...I do not have the FSM yet so could anyone shed some light on this please.

thanks,

Joseph

I had the same exact thing happen to me as well within the past couple of days. I have an '05 CRD too.

bigcanoe

Reaction score
Mine just went on yesterday soon after I filled with my first tank of ULSD, I will be keeping an eye on it to see if it goes away. What is the on-off, etc method you mention?

SuperJeep

Reaction score
Looks like there are allot of people with the same "check engine" light issue. My CRD has been in at the dealer for the past 22 days. Supposedly there is another CRD next to mine that has been in there for the same issue. All of this started for me when the Turbo started making noise. They replaced the turbo at 21K miles. I did pick it up fo one day and the check engine light came on right away. The turbo was not working at all, it was all engine, and it went right back to the dealer the next day and they have had it ever since. On Friday I called Chrysler to complain and I received a call from the dealership within 30 mins. The service writer said chrysler suggested a new EGR Cooler.......no idea.
So it looks like the Italian engine (CRD) are starting to have allot of issues, I am sorry I bought the dang thing. The sucky thing is, its over the 1 year time period for fileing under the Lemon Law.

SuperJeep

Reaction score
Please post how many miles you have on your CRD when the "Check Engine" lite came on, mine was right around 21,000 miles. Also has any one els been having an issue with their AC coming on when your running the heater? My mileage went down, I had to turn off the system to the off position to keep the AC unit from coming on. The service writer was trying to tell me this was a new 4-Season Option, I asked the Service Manager if this was true and he said that the AC should not come on in Heat Mode. And no the AC button was not depressed.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SuperJeep said:
Please post how many miles you have on your CRD when the "Check Engine" lite came on, mine was right around 21,000 miles. Also has any one els been having an issue with their AC coming on when your running the heater? My mileage went down, I had to turn off the system to the off position to keep the AC unit from coming on. The service writer was trying to tell me this was a new 4-Season Option, I asked the Service Manager if this was true and he said that the AC should not come on in Heat Mode. And no the AC button was not depressed.

Yea, ive heard this.. I would just unplug the A/C compressor so it doesnt come on.. Kinda stupid I think.. :-s

SuperJeep

Reaction score
Update

The dealer called me today, they are claiming that the waste gate is not closing all the way. They said it is is open 1/32" and it is leaking pressure from the turbo. I find it hard to believe that an opening of 1/32" could leak that amount of pressure and volume of air. They should have the 2nd turbo installed this week. I will update you later this week. 22 days in the dealership for repairs and counting.