Check Engine Light & Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cabby

Reaction score
Ok Check Engine light has been on for awhile and I had it checked out at Autozone and found that the O2 Senors were the problem and that maybe the cat. converters were also maybe a problem. Didnt take care of it right away because it was driving fine and converters are $1k or so. Well a week ago the car was having problems going over 60mph and having huge hesitations. Took it back to Autozone and found that all 4 O2 sensors needed to be replaced and that their were 4 misfires. Replaced the 2 after cat sensors and couldnt reach the other 2. Also tossed in new plugs and coil packs. Car had originals and has 130k on it. Well it still was having problems so decided to see if Midas could figure it out. But they are saying that all 4 sensors are out and their seems to be a bigger problem that they can not identify. The problem codes they got were P0300, P0052, P0038, P0152, P0138.

Where do I go from here? I dont have a spare ECU to put in the car to see if that solves it.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off just because a OBDII code say's " O2 sensor circuit high,bank 1 sensor 2" it does not mean that the O2 sensor is bad,it could be but 9 times out of 10 is is not.Midas does not have the ability to properly diaganos the problem.Since you are getting codes for all 4 O2 sensors your cats are fine,your running extremly rich for some reason and the PCM is not leaning it out,that would also explain your "random misfire" code(P0300).Kinda sounds like a PCM problem but a place with the correct scanner that can monitor all the sensors(not a midas or any other of those types of places) can tell you what's up.

Might need to bit the bullit and take it to a dealership,if anything they have access to Chrysler tech support.

calamaridog

Reaction score
Might need to bit the bullit and take it to a dealership,if anything they have access to Chrysler tech support.

As someone who likes to fix stuff myself, I hate to say it, but this sounds like a good idea.

Cabby

Reaction score
That ***** to hear. I was hoping to get this fixed without the dealership. Closest one wants $100 just to diagnose it. Guess will just take it down to the other Jeep dealer in town come Monday.

Cabby

Reaction score
Took it in and apparently their is updates for the computer?
On top of they think the right side o2 sensors need to be replaced. Back unit has already been done and I couldnt get the front because of it being really tight. They also told me the plugs were worn and needed to be replaced. Makes me wonder if they even checked them.