Check engine codes help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott74d

Reaction score
I have an 05 liberty renegade 2wd 3.7L. I went to drive it and the check engine started flashing. I parked and picked up an obd2 sensor. I got...

P0300
Multiple cylinder misfire
P0700
EATX controller DTC present
P1775
Solenoid switch valve latched in TCC position
P0740
Torque converter clutch, no rpm drop @ lockup.

I plan on disconnecting the battery to reset the computer and seeing how it is. But do you guys know what could be causing this?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The P0300 and flashing CEL (MIL) could be O2 sensors, but with the other codes you've got, I'm not sure. The other codes seem more severe, so the P0300 could just be a byproduct. The other codes are transmission related, and I have no knowledge or experience with them. I only drive manuals.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the solenoid that controls TC lockup is stuck or the lockup clutch won't engage.

NineFingerFury

Reaction score
I'd start with the misfire. Check all your coils and plugs. When were they last changed? Are they copper?

scott74d

Reaction score
112k miles, the ****** fluid is still nice and red but that might be because I havnt driven it on when the light started blinking.