CD player skips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be a small problem, but I just wondered if anyone has a solution to a CD player that skips intermittantly. I know it's not the disc, because it does it on any disc, not just one or 2. These discs also play well in my home CD player. When my Jeep CD player skips, it does so on different parts of the disc, and if you reverse it, and play over where it skipped, it won't do it again on the same spot. I've used a maxell disc cleaner on it, and that does seem to help for a few weeks. Is this just normal, or might there be something wrong with the CD player?

lightfoot44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock cd player

jeepjeepster said:
Thats odd.. I never had any problems out of mine when I had it in there.

Is it stock?
sure is ....its stock.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get it replaced under warranty, then. If you are out of warranty, replace it. Lots of people take out their head units and replace them with GPS and such who would probably sell you theirs. Speaking of which, I need to put mine up in the For Sale section and get rid of the thing.