CD player backgrounds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is kind of off-topic but electronic related. I have a cheaper 5" touchscreeen Pyle PLD43MU in-dash unit. It was very cheap and actually works pretty well except for not having a sub control, but have one concern with it. The background options are horrible! just 10 different solid colors that are ugly as can be..
Does anyone know anyway of loading on pictures to set a background to it?
I know its not a popular deck, but I really would love any insight or ideas anyone has.
Thanks!

here is a quick pic of the unit:
You must be registered for see images attach

and link to a small description
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...n&sa=N&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS356&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no I do have the manual for it but it doesn't have any info on adding pictures and I don't know if its even possible for this unit. But I figured someone real tech savy might have some ideas of maybing running a USB from the laptop into the mini USB port on the front and going from there.
Thanks!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after I found the manual I searched through it and couldn't find anything. I thought I was being all clever and everything. So much for cleverness.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after I found the manual I searched through it and couldn't find anything. I thought I was being all clever and everything. So much for cleverness.

haha yeah I had to reread it thinking I was stupid and missed it, but I don't think its capable, and the nice double din that has all the features would run atleast $500 and I can't see myself spendig that much just to have some better backgrounds since this one does do it all..