CB help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just mounted my CB on the back of the center console, below the passenger window switches, already ran the antenna cable to the back left panel, already mounted the antenna, now just need to power the CB, where do i need to wire this too? pics would help ALOT. i have an '04 renegade

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll post some pics up tomorrow of what i've got done so far. nevermind. thursday, i have a promotion board tomorrow lol

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I soldered on a 12v male plug with a switch on it to power mine. I wanted to run it tithed use panel but was to excited to start playing with it. It's runs under the center console up under the 12v plug and kinda just hangs out there. Depending on long your wiring is you could just run it to the fuse panel on the diver side of the dash and wire it to an accessory fuse.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, that sounds good. my buddy told me i could wire it to my ignition or somethin, so when i start my libby it turns on too. pics on doing this or suggestions?

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd just use the 12v power outlet..

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Best way to power a CB radio or Ham radio is to run a dedicated, suitably rated fused power wire and ground wire directly from the battery.
Then you have ZERO problems.
It also does not hurt to install an automotive electrical noise filter in the positive
power wire.
That way you will not have any interference from the vehicles electrical system.