CarStats Vehicle Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I receive Carstat reports that show me Complaints, Recalls, Bulleteins, and Investigations. Here is one that was received on 10/23/2006 butt failed on 01/2/2005 (why it took that long for a complaint to be added is beyond me).
CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10171624

Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Details: DT*: THE CONTACT STATED AFTER PARKING THE VEHICLE, WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING, THE DRIVER WALKED 15 FEET AWAY, AND THEN THE VEHICLE BEGAN TO ROLL BACKWARD DOWN A HILL INTO A POND. THE VEHICLE GAINED SPEED WHILE ROLLING DOWN THE HILL AND THE DOORS AUTOMATICALLY LOCKED. THE CONTACT'S INFANT WAS STILL INSIDE THE VEHICLE WHEN IT ROLLED INTO THE WATER. BOTH THE CONTACT AND THE FATHER-IN-LAW SWAM 40 FEET FROM SHORE TO THE VEHICLE AND RETRIEVED THE BABY. ONCE THE CHILD WAS OUT OF THE VEHICLE, THE CONTACT BEGAN TO SWIM TO SHORE, THE BABY AND CONTACT MADE IT SAFELY TO SHORE. THE FATHER-IN-LAW HAD A HEART ATTACK IN THE WATER AND PASSED AWAY ON THE SCENE. THE POLICE DEPARTMENT RESPONDED AND A REPORT WAS TAKEN. THE CONTACT AND BABY WERE ADMITTED TO INTENSIVE CARE. THE VEHICLE WAS TOWED TO THE DEALERSHIP, WHERE BOTH THE DEALERSHIP AND MANUFACTURER REPRESENTATIVES WERE UNABLE TO DETERMINE THE PROBLEM. THE VEHICLE WAS TOWED TO AN INDEPENDENT REPAIR SHOP, WHERE IT WAS DETERMINED THE SAME PROBLEM EXISTED THAT WAS ADDRESSED IN NHTSA RECALL #05V460000 ON THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. *AK

Occurrences: 1 Injuries: 2
Fail Date: 01/02/2005 Deaths: 1
Date added to datbase: 10/23/2006

What is NHTSA recall #05V460000 for Auto Transmissions?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It was for 2005s and 2006s with the 42RLE transmission. Parking Pawl. It can jump out of place and allow the vehicle to roll away.

Very few were actually affected.... the recall WAS done on my sister's KJ though. Other DCX vehicles like the Wrangler and LX (300, Charger, Magnum) were also affected.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well known problem with OLD automatic trannys. Tooths were not gripping enough to hold it at an incline.. Driver should have used the parking brake and not rely on the ****** gears.

Latest posts

Members online