Carr steps/boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mongongo

Reaction score
Im looking for info and a photo of the side steps on a liberty.
I was hoping someone here had them.. Im looking at the bigger of the two.

Im also looking at running boards that I DO NOT have to remove the splash gaurds.. I just put the dang things on!

tHANK YOU

mongongo

Reaction score
Thank you for your help on the subject.

My wife of 18 years and I are FINALLY having our first child and she wants a little help getting in and out of the jeep. That was all.

However we just put molded mud flaps on it and many side bars say DO NOT USE with mud flaps. Was just needing a little help since we are new to the jeep world.

mongongo

Reaction score
You say they "look silly" on a KJ
You wouldnt happen to have a photo of one, or know where I could see what you have seen?
thank you

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the tube style steps on a KJ, nerf bars, if done tastefully, like some nice black powder coated ones with the rubber steps at each door.

I still might put a set on mine, i don't have trouble getting in and out but it would put less wear on the side of the drivers seat climbing in and out, and also make it easier for the wife and kids to get in and out.

mongongo

Reaction score
Yes and I have an 2007.. I should have said that.. sorry aboutthat.

Any way, that ebay page some how led me to these.

Aries 201007 Black Side Step Bar on Amazon.com Free ship and only 186 dollars. There is no drilling etc... So Im gonna give it a try.
They were in stock and shipped from amazon .com

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help on the subject.

My wife of 18 years and I are FINALLY having our first child and she wants a little help getting in and out of the jeep. That was all.

I do not have a picture of them on a KJ ,wheeled with a guy who had them

I can also tell you that getting a child in and out with them on will be harder than with out them
They will make you stand further from the Jeep ,this was 1 hold back on even rock sliders for the KJ
we had a clean spot by the rear passenger door from my wife rubbing it to put the baby in and out
add 6" of distance ,no thanks

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
j is making a valid point.. you really have to lean in to get into the libby with a kid.

true that
and our kid never did go in the middle
she was on the passenger side so the drive could sneak a peak if needed
now granted our KJ was lifted on 245/75 MT's
so it was quite a bit higher than stock

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expensive shipping:eek:

I do like those Nerf Bars though.

Yeah i just used that as an example because it was the quickest one i could find...

A lot of eBay sellers are doing that now, they make the buy it now price low and the shipping high, they still get the same sale price but eBay gets stiffed on the final value fees.

For example, want to sell a $10 item but don't want to pay the final value fee for it? Sell for $.99 buy it now and then add the other $9.01 to the shipping fee.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I got.
http://www.amazon.com/Aries-201007-...1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1275573161&sr=8-1-fkmr1
I can assure you, if they are a pain after the child is born, they will be removed.

But right now, after all weve been through. If she thinks these will make life an ounce easier, she is getting them.

As long as your stock ride height its not a problem. I have driven and owned SUV's and Trucks with them on, and reaching in isn't a problem, it keeps your leg back another 4-6 inches depending on the mounting, but unless your lifted or have really really short arms its not a problem.

And when your kids get older like mine its nice not having to lift them up in every time so they don't have to crawl up.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And when your kids get older like mine its nice not having to lift them up in every time so they don't have to crawl up.

Man if your kids need help getting into a KJ you need new kids:D
just joking
my 3 year old can almost climb into the TJ and the door clears her head

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man if your kids need help getting into a KJ you need new kids:D
just joking
my 3 year old can almost climb into the TJ and the door clears her head

LOL...

Well the only problem with the KJ getting into the rear door is there isn't much to grab onto. So when its raining, or snowing or ice in the winter time, all you have is that small area at the bottom of the door to get a foot on and its slip and fall, in dry weather they climb in no trouble, and about all you have for handholds is the door itself.

That's not the real problem, my driveways are gravel, and its higher than the surrounding yard by a few inches as well. So from the ground up to the door jamb is a pretty good step for an adult.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had running boards on my Durango, hated them. Would've taken them off if I had a place to store them...

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a Light Truck parts place and IMO the Carr steps look good on a Libby tho I don't have any pictures of them on the one I saw, but I have seen 3 sets come back smashed or cracked, They Seriously limit your off-road capability and also are Really Really low if you are not lifted. In fact the instructions from Carr state not to run them if you are not lifted.