can't start my jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
priell3 said:
jeepjeepster said:
If it died while she was driving it then thats not the battery. That usually means a bad alternator.. O:)

It wouldn't start, it didn't die while driving. I'm going to keep an eye on things.

Sounds like the battery was the problem.

And for the record, my mopar battery has the eye too. And i've got about 3.5 years on it and i'm probably gonna have to replace it here in the next couple of weeks.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your battery light is on all the time there is something wrong with your alternator. The battery light works when you have more voltage at the battery than you do at the alternator, in essence it uses the altenator's heavy power wire and the alternator interior wiring for a ground to complete the light's circuit. When the alternator powers up it is now supplying more voltage than the hot side of the battery is and turns off the light as you now have no ground cicuit path.

Members online

No members online now.