Cant find OEM MOPAR radiator, everything says discontinued for my part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carsonstanfield

Reaction score
Recently I had been leaking coolant and earlier had it checked at a garage in which they told me I had a hole or dent in my radiator, I can't remember tbh. I sealed it up with a radiator leak stop and it stopped for about a month or 2, now it's back to leaking and it looks like multiple spots are shown on the ground. It also seems like it's pushing fluid onto the area behind the driver headlight assembly I also find a small hose that seems dry rotted out of a tiny hole in that headlight area but it doesn't look like it leads to anything other than the wheel well. Not sure what is going on with that. It looks like I need to replace the radiator, and possibly hoses because of age. I try to look up the radiator part number that I found of 5183562AA and every site shows discontinued. I know everyone says MOPAR is the way to go but if MOPAR is not an option that I can find, what would you suggest is the next best thing? Mine is a 2006 Sport 4x4 with an automatic. I would really appreciate any input on what I should do moving forward.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Pray. Leak stop is a very bad thing to use inside a coolant system. Yea they sell it, but DON’T EVER USE IT!

Ok, got the mechanic’s spiel out of the way.

System needs a full chemical flush to get part of the **** out that you put in. It will not all come out.

I can’t recommend a radiator, but I do agree all coolant hoses are due replacement along with a MOPAR thermostat installed in the correct orientation.

Someone will be along shortly with the info on good radiators.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, I am probably going to catch some flack for this but I'll say it anyways.

- Mopar doesn't manufacture radiators, they source them.
- Mopar radiators on our models are known for fatigue cracks on the left side
- All radiators with plastic ends on them are kind of junky because they are not all aluminum
- This style of radiator is also known to crack or start leaking if someone bumps you in a parking lot or you bump something
- It is also common for this style of radiator to develop a leak because they use crimping to mate the aluminum/plastic

Don't stress out or spend double trying to locate and purchase a Mopar radiator. It's not been my experience that it is a better radiator somehow. Go down to Advance Auto and get a Carquest radiator and some Zerex G-05 coolant.

Flush it out good. install the radiator and refill with Zerex G-05. I have had good luck with this combo, actually better luck than I had with Mopar.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice - find a good local radiator shop. See what they can source. If there is one with brass tanks - get it. If not, they may be able to construct one. Remember, I said a GOOD shop.

carsonstanfield

Reaction score
My advice - find a good local radiator shop. See what they can source. If there is one with brass tanks - get it. If not, they may be able to construct one. Remember, I said a GOOD shop.
I’m not trying to pay an arm and a leg for a radiator tho, I plan on keeping the jeep probably for another 2 years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.