can't figure out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbrookstx

Reaction score
which ignition coil is over cylinder 4, I'm pretty sure its the middle one on the pasenger side of the motor. Does that sound right?

D Sd | P Sd
Cabin
1 | 2
3 | 4
5 | 6
Front Bumper

Also, is it typically best to replace all 6 ignition coils when only 1 is showin bad? They were just done @ 50k, its only been 25k since.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like you have it right.

Front
1 2
3 4
5 6

Changing all six coils isnt really needed unless you really want to. I suggest changing that coil with another coil to see if the code moves. If it does then you know for sure its a code. If it doesnt then its something else.

rbrookstx

Reaction score
changed all 6 anyway, however I was correct. from the cabin, drivreside is 1, passenger 2, etc. or all odd driver side, all even passenger. I'm getting 24 mpg on the hwy which HAS to be false, best I ever got was 22 on the hwy. tune up cost was high with the coils, but @ 70k, figured plugs, coils, fuel filter, oil change, air filter, trans case, front and rear diff, transmission, and coolant flush, all in all not a bad way to spend 800 bucks....and 2 weekends....next week, rotors, pads, and brake fluid...

Latest posts

Members online