Can not get remote to unlock doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman9302

Reaction score
I bought my son a 2007 Jeep Liberty...it just had a key so of course everytime I unlocked it the alarm went off...
I bought a new key with the keyfob and had it programmed...the key will start the car and unlock the doors but the remote will not work to unlock the doors.
Any suggestions on getting it to work, or how to disable the alarm.
They only other problem is one of the tire pressure sensor isnt working, but I cant see how that would stop the remote from unlocking the doors.
Thanks for the help

Cheyne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket FOB? If so, it simply may not work. I just encountered the same thing. You may have to go OE which is pricey, but they can be found a little cheaper online than at the local dealer.

Dealers must run into this all of the time. When I took it in, the guy indicated as much when they cut and programmed it. Mine would function except for unlock and the rear hatch release.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, you need at least one working remote to add additional remotes.
Double check with the owners manual.

With the chipped keys, you need at least two to add additional chipped keys.

Fireman9302

Reaction score
Aftermarket FOB? If so, it simply may not work. I just encountered the same thing. You may have to go OE which is pricey, but they can be found a little cheaper online than at the local dealer.

Dealers must run into this all of the time. When I took it in, the guy indicated as much when they cut and programmed it. Mine would function except for unlock and the rear hatch release.

It was an aftermarket fob...but my locksmith tried a oe fob he had there it was a no go also