Can anyone help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davestar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
im new here, so please forgive me if I have done wrong.
I have a jeep Cherokee KJ 2001 limited (European spec) as I’m from the United Kingdom. In the USA you call it the Liberty.
New OEM Parts are very difficult to find here, more so panel wise, so I try to source where I can and I’m stuck on 2x parts. Have tried Jeep main dealer, tried Jeep over stock, tried Rock auto and numerous other sites. Nobody seems to do the panels.
These panels hold the bottom rear wheel arch trim and is welded to the bottom sill and is spot welded to the bottom of the dog leg.
Jeep part numbers as far as I gather are
right side: bracket sill molding mounting 55360444AB ( this number superseded this part number 55360444AA).
left side: bracket sill molding mounting 55360445AB ( this number superseded this part number 55360445AA).
I would like to try to keep to metal if possible to keep it as original as possible. Can anyone advise me on where it maybe possible to get these panels.
If not, it looks like I may have to fabricate these panels myself, but alas, I’m no panel beater, so the panel would not look the same.
Hopefully someone maybe able to help, even if the reply is, I do not know.
This is my first ever Jeep and I do find it perfectly reliable and have owned it since 2005. If anything, the fuel mileage is not great, but I’m getting 25mpg extra urban.
Fitted Bosch 12x hole injectors and converted the 45RFE to the 545RFE, by fitting another TCM from a Grand Cherokee with the 545 RFE Auto box.
Thank everyone who looks and/or responds to this post.
Dave.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Moved to the KJ (2002-2007) General discussion section.
Are these panels damaged by rust? Can you provide any photos of damaged locations?
The Kj's are old now & I doubt parts are still available. Best to find a scrap yard or repair damaged areas.
You could use diagrams possibly from a 2003 parts fiche: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/03kj_PARTS_FICHE.pdf

davestar

Reaction score
Are these panels damaged by rust? Can you provide any photos of damaged locations?
The Kj's are old now & I doubt parts are still available. Best to find a scrap yard or repair damaged areas.
You could use diagrams possibly from a 2003 parts fiche: http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/03kj_PARTS_FICHE.pdf
Thank you for you
Hello,
Thank you for your reply as well as the link. Already have the part list manual but thank you anyway.
Difficult to show you the parts in question, as they have mainly rusted away. However, I have attached some images showing where the part is fitted. These images are from the left side (in the USA Drivers side), the right side has rusted completely. The images show the trim cover in place as well.
Hope these help!
Dave.

Attachments

• 0Y7A4613.JPG
    0Y7A4613.JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 0Y7A4614.JPG
    0Y7A4614.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 0Y7A4615.JPG
    0Y7A4615.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 27