Busted Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug B

Reaction score
Does anyone know if radiators or oil coolers crack suddenly or slowly? I have water in my sump and oil in my radiator and dealer tells me its the oil cooler that has cracked allowing water and oil to mix. Hoping it's not a head gasket problem! Car was running fine (just been serviced 1000 km's ago) and coolant low warning light came on. 2005 KJ 2.8 CRD!

Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if radiators or oil coolers crack suddenly or slowly? I have water in my sump and oil in my radiator and dealer tells me its the oil cooler that has cracked allowing water and oil to mix. Hoping it's not a head gasket problem! Car was running fine (just been serviced 1000 km's ago) and coolant low warning light came on. 2005 KJ 2.8 CRD!

Glad you are here,though I think you will find more CRD info at http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=119&sid=7c9c650a5f64fd5db227207d7354d8d5