bumper question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've got access to welders and cutters, get some flat stock and fab something up, It'll be way cheaper that way.

The arb is under $200, I figured the flat stock will cost that!? If the bumpers are similar lenght, I dont think it would be all that hard and it should stay relatively cheap. Im not really a fab guy but, I know how to weld.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good price, but if it's going to cost "extra" to make it work on a KJ, might as well fab on up. This way, incase of an accident you know that mounts are solid and the bumper won't come flying off.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The arb is under $200, I figured the flat stock will cost that!? If the bumpers are similar lenght, I dont think it would be all that hard and it should stay relatively cheap. Im not really a fab guy but, I know how to weld.

I have the sales brochures with specs for an 05 KJ and an 07 JK and they read as follows.

05 KJ = 71.7" fender to fender and the 07 JK is 73.7" (2 dr) and 73.9" (4 dr) fender to fender.

Not much difference in overall width.

Being as the JK is body on frame construction and the KJ uniframe as you know, then the difference is in the mounting. I don't see why you couldn't weld mounting brackets to the ARB bumper to fit the KJ if you wanted to. It might just fit.

Worse case scenario, if it won't work, Tommudd will buy it from you...haha

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.